1.22.2011

Look! I Have a Badge!

So we all know a badge is a great way to spread the word of your blog. It's like a "mini" first impression. I finally made one. I'm not really that html savvy. I mean, sure I could Google the Internets for tutorials, but that's a lot of work - reading and sifting through tutorials that I may or may not understand. So I called out on my Twitter and asked for help. 

The Wonderful Lisa of The Coastal Chicster came to my rescue. She sent me an email with advice, tidbits, and other links that all led me in the direction towards my very own. I now present you all with my new badge:

DT
Copy and paste the text below
 to add this badge to your blog:

So I made the big announcement on Twitter and a couple seemed interested in a tutorial/directions for doing this. Would you all like me to share the step my step directions for making your own badge? I'm not high on the totem poll when it comes to html, so all of you may already know, but for those of you who don't, I'd be happy to share! Let me know!


19 comments:

Brooke T said...

Great badge! Adding you to my favorites :)

Unknown said...

I got some help from Lisa as well and created my own badge!
I've added yours to my sidebar as well!

Michelle said...

oh cool! i should make one of those. looks good!

Kileen said...

love the badge!! :)

socialitedreams said...

i'd LOVE to know how to make one because i've always been curious. please post tutorial! <3

Kayla Rochelle said...

i would love a tutorial! I have thought about making one for awhile, but I also am not big into HTML and haven't yet found a tutorial that I can follow!

Anonymous said...

Cute badge! I'm going to figure out how to add it to my side bar, I'll let you know when I do! Would be so honored to have you there! :P

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

sis said...

I would LOVE for you to share your badge knowledge! I know a bit of html but do not know how to use it in blogger. definitely post a tutorial please!

Unknown said...

Did you see the instructions Lisa posted?

http://lisadenoia.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/html-tutorial-for-sidebar-badges/

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

YAY for your cute new badge! I love the picture you chose!!

Jen said...

very nice! :)

Becky said...

i added it. :)

Liz said...

Very cool! Now I should finish making one...

Anonymous said...

Yayy! Very cool :)

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Alessandra said...

You know I do!

Anonymous said...

Please do share how to make badges. Yours looks so cute! I'd love to learn how, and I'm html illiterate.

-Caitlin (http://re-mix-her.tumblr.com)

girlbehindthemusic@gmail.com

Kate said...

I would LOVE a badge tutorial! I just found out how to create one, but I don't know how to do any of the html junk. Just found your blog! I love your style and your hair! Following!

visit http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Oh yes please do share!!

Anja said...

Hey

would love to know as well how to make the badge!
Great Blog btw!